If you’re coming to Minneapolis for MWBPC8 and want to ship your bike, we have worked out arrangements with our super awesome mechanical sponsor Freewheel Bikes. Freewheel operates a bike shop on the Midtown Greenway that is accessible to air travelers via Hiawatha Light Rail. Please follow the instructions provided by Freewheel below to ship you bike in advance of the tournament.
- Shipping Your Bike To Minneapolis
- We have made arrangements with Freewheel’s Midtown shop to receive bikes shipped in by out-of-town players.
- Freewheel has a public shop at their Midtown location; you can re-assemble your bike with real tools and a repair stand for cheap.
- Please call Freewheel before you ship your bike to let them know it’s coming! (612-238-4447)
- Please clearly write your first and last name on the outside of the box to make things easier for the shop.
- UPS and FedEx are recommended. Other carriers may not know how to get from the loading dock down to the shop; it’s complicated…
- Arrange for shipping to Freewheel Midtown’s address as follows:
Freewheel Midtown Bike Center
attn: bike polo tournament
2834 10th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55407
- Shipping your bike back home:
- Shipping must be arranged by you, simply using Freewheel’s location as the pickup point.
- If you don’t want to box it yourself, Freewheel charges $50 to disassemble and securely box a bike for shipping.
- Free cardboard bike boxes are almost always available; you can box it up yourself if you’d prefer; bring packing materials!
- Make sure your boxed bike is at Freewheel when it is scheduled to be picked up. UPS usually comes through early in the day.